Done in less than 15 minutes, this will become your NEW favourite way to enjoy Sautéed Mushrooms! Filling, hearty and exceptionally delicious, you’ve never had mushrooms like this before. Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with bacon will become your new food addiction.
This creamy garlic mushrooms recipe is INSANE with flavour. So quick and easy, you can enjoy this recipe as a main for lunch or dinner, or as a side dish. Whatever you decide, you will love this HUGE step up to regular creamy mushrooms.
Buttery garlic mushrooms, sautéed in a creamy sauce filled with bacon flavours, herbs and optional white wine. Finished with parmesan and melted mozzarella, and broiled until bubbling and golden completes the flavour explosion.
Usually when making creamy mushrooms, you’d only need three or four ingredients. However, we have been asked time and time again about substituting mushrooms in both of these Brussels sprouts and broccoli recipes, now here we are!
How to make creamy garlic mushrooms
You won’t believe how easy this is:
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Melt the butter in some leftover bacon grease.
- Fry mushrooms.
- Pour in dry white wine. Use a good quality Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay or Sauv Blanc. (Substitute wine for chicken stock or broth.)
- Add garlic.
- Simmer with heavy cream and herbs.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Broil (or grill) until cheese is melted and bubbling.
what to serve with creamy mushrooms
With the bacon in this creamy garlic mushrooms recipe, you really can serve it as a main, on garlic bread or a buttery cauliflower mash to keep it low carb.
However, pretty much anything goes… especially for mushroom lovers. Creamy garlic mushrooms are perfect with steak, chicken or salmon, Or serve them for breakfast! You can also add organic cumin ground or organic coriander ground for more nutty and earthy aroma and flavour
- 8 ounces (250 g) bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 26 ounces (750 g) brown mushrooms, washed (pat dry with paper towel)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth/stock)
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped, or you can use organic garlic granulates
- 1 1/2 cups (400 ml) heavy cream, (thickened cream or evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to season (optional: Add organic cayenne pepper or chili pepper for more heat and intense flavour)
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese
Buy bulk organic spices Canada
- Fry the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms, drizzle with oil and mix through, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes to lightly brown mushrooms and release their juices (if any).
- Pour in the wine (or broth) and let reduce for 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring. (Preheat broiler or oven grill.)
- Add in the garlic and stir it through for a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the cream and herbs. Reduce heat down to low. Gently simmer until tender (about 4-5 minutes) and sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon back in and give everything a good mix to combine all of the flavours together. Top the mushrooms with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly and mushrooms are done to your liking (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve warm.